In one word, Geneva in summer is great! Sun, lake, parks and free concerts are the main ingredients for spending a great summer in Geneva!
For years, every Wednesday and Friday of July and August people leave the banks of the lake, the terraces of caffes or gelaterias to meet at Ella Fitzgerald stage, at the Parc La Grange. It is the place to be to listen to good music and feel like you are on holiday!
Two evenings a week, there are free concerts taking place on this nice stage surrounded by trees. There are seats for those who want to sit, ground for dancers and grass for picnic lovers.
Ella Fitzgerald stage’s program consists of mostly world, soul & folk music. Every year the scheduler invites famous bands and also excellent musicians that I discover. In any case the vibes and the stage in the middle of nature provide an unforgettable atmosphere.
The City of Geneva is the organiser of this event, proposing different stages for classical, jazz and opera (check the website for program and prices).
– 5.7: Orchestre de la Suisse romande & Borealis (classical)
– 10.7: Ana Tijoux
– 12.7: Ambrose Akinmusire Origami Harvest
– 17.7: Juan Pina
– 19.7: Keb’ Mo’
– 24.7: Liniker e os Caramelows
– 26.7: Fatima
– 31.7: Della Mae
– 2.8: Asian Dub Foundation
– 6.8: L’orchestre de chambre de Genève & L’ensemble Eklekto
– 7.8: Marina Satti
– 9.8: Ensemble ORPHEUS XXI
– 14.8: Ana Moura
– 16.8: J.P. Bimeni & The Black Belts
– 21.8: Natiruts
– 22.8: Orchestre des Pays de Savoie et les chanteurs d’oiseaux