Love travel & city life, and off the beaten path travel? Want to turn your passion for content creation, design, social media and/or marketing (or actually – anything! We’re open to proposals!) into a job, but need more experience on your CV?
Looking for a flexible, location independent internship in a multi-cultural organization? You might be interested in doing an internship with us!
Spotted by Locals
Spotted by Locals is a series of blogs and mobile (iPhone, Android) apps with up-to-date tips by handpicked local writers (“Spotters”) in 70+ cities in Europe and North America.
By experiencing a destination like a local, travelers learn about the local culture and habits. The Spotted by Locals founders and bloggers have been trying to make a contribution to a better world through more intercultural understanding since 2008.
We’re not a typical “company”
Spotted by Locals is not a typical company. For starters, (apart from the founders) we have no employees and work with an extensive team freelancers (editor, designers, programmers) only.
We also do not have a fixed “office”. Sanne & Bart (and editor Dimitris) work from temporary work spaces, their big table from their home in Athens / Amsterdam, or from coffee shops with wifi. Interns can work from wherever they want, and we will keep in contact with very regular video meetings. Of course we will try to make sure we meet in person too!
Former interns Jet (Rotterdam, Netherlands), Camille (Brussels, Belgium), Kristina (Saint Petersburg, Russia), Gintare (Vilnius, Lithuania), Liana (Yerevan, Armenia), Thomas (Sao Paolo, Brazil), Stefan (Copenhagen, Denmark), Celia (Dublin, Ireland), Ivan (Rome, Italy), Vladimira (Bratislava, Slovakia), Xavier (Belgrade, Serbia), Edoardo (Milan, Italy) and Marcel (Jakarta, Indonesia) would love to tell you more about their internship at Spotted by Locals. Please contact Bart for contact info.
The contents of the internship depend largely on the interests of the student. We have loads of interesting work in the content creation, social media & marketing fields.
Mostly, it will come down to:
- Writing & managing content on our “main” blog (WordPress)
- Social media marketing & content creation
- Managing social media channels
- Social Media “metrics” – keeping statistics, and thinking of strategies for improvement
- Marketing our apps – via social media but also other channels
- PR campaigns (email & telephone)
In terms of responsibility the sky is the limit, if students prove to be competent and hungry for knowledge and experience. If you have good ideas, we’d love to execute them!
What’s in it for you?
- You’ll learn about how we run a small flexible 21st century style multi-national company working with freelancers & volunteers from 40+ countries.
- You’ll work directly with the co-founders on exciting new projects
- You’ll love working in a very positive multi-cultural environment (435 Spotters from 40+ countries)
- We love helping you find your passion, and help you in your career
This is an unpaid internship.
What Spotted by Locals expects
We expect ambitious students who are very eager to learn, and work independently.
- Fluent or near-fluent in English – written as well as spoken
- Knowledgeable about and very interested in social media
- You must have access to a laptop and access to a fast internet connection
- You’re a “Spotted by Locals” style traveler yourself – you get the concept
- Preferably you live in one of “our” Spotted by Locals cities
Time & conditions
32+ hours per week, with a minimum commitment for 3 months (the more and the longer – the more responsibility you can take on). To a large extent it’s up to you what time you work. We expect you to check email and reply to important comments at least once a day.
This is an unpaid internship.
If you’re interested, have a proposal for an internship or would like more information, please contact co-founder Bart van Poll via email@example.com.