Egg with onion is one of my favourite sandwich toppings. And I really think you should try it too. Especially if you are staying here in The Hague, proud home town of the egg and onion sandwich. August –coffee, kitchen, bar– conveniently situated near The Hague central station, serves a crispy baguette egg with onion, mayonnaise, pepper and salt… Yummy!
At August they try to use as much organic and fair-trade products as possible. The ambiance is cheerful and industrial and the dark, soft furniture inviting. Next to the range of range of sandwiched baguettes August offers: breakfast, grilled cheese sandwich, salad, soup and cake. You can eat your order there, take it out or have it delivered.
Do try this at home
In case you get addicted to egg with onion during your stay here: do try my favorite egg with onion recipe at home.
– 2 eggs
– small onion
– 1.5 ts mayonnaise
– pinch of pepper
– pinch of salt
– Boil the eggs until hardboiled
– Chop the onion in very small pieces
– Put 1 tablespoon of chopped onion into a bowl
– Put 1.5 tablespoon of mayonnaise into the bowl with chopped onion
– Cool the eggs until cold
– Peal the eggs and chop them in pieces
– Put the chopped egg in the bowl with the union and the mayonnaise
– Mix all ingredients in the bowl into a sandwich spread
– Add a pinch of salt and pepper to the spread to taste
Enjoy : – )