We are super excited to announce the launch of our second city guide in the Middle East, as part of our “expand to non-touristy cities to combat overtourism” plan.
Spotted by Locals Beirut is full of hidden gems that you won’t find in the tourist city guides. Here’s a few of the jewels our awesome team of Beirut locals Elyse, Lidija, Nancy, Rayan and Stephanie have “spotted”:
- Barbeer – a local gold & silver district that’s much more authentic than the main “souk”
- Al Ba’sa – the narrowest building in Beirut, built to block the owner’s brother’s view on the sea…
- Ecosouk – Lebanon’s first zero waste store with only local products
- Kasser – a place where you can smash TVs, glasses and radios to channel your anger and help make the world a cleaner place too :)
- Saint Georges Pool – an amazing pool in a former hotel
- Very photogenic train stations abandoned after the civil war
And of course plenty of amazing food & drink places…. Check out Spotted by Locals Beirut!
Are you a Beirut local and want to join the team to describe your favorite spots? Please apply here!