It was about time to launch a city guide for the capital of Switzerland – today we did it! Our locals Isabelle, Katrin & Sebastian have done an excellent job covering really cool spots usually hidden to tourists on Spotted by Locals Bern!
Most people know Bern has a beautiful old city center and amazing nature all around. But did you know Bern also has an very lively live music and underground scene? If you didn’t, you’ll be amazed!
A few of the local Bern gems our Spotters have covered:
- Videothek Dr. Strangelove – an old-school video shop with a fine selection of films you’ve probably never heard of…
- Probably the only pissoir in the world where you can “piss on an UNESCO site”…
- Bern’s first sauna, and a very cool one… You can dip in the (currently bloody cold) Aare river right after!
- A gym with a great idea put to use! Here you row for polenta, run for sunflower oil & cycle for semolina. You keep 1/3 of what you make!
- 5ème etage – a 5th floor live jazz venue where you pay as much as you like to the musicians
- The “Seemanns-Club” – one of the oddest watering holes in town. Our local Isabelle has never come across anything remotely similar anywhere else. It is quite a hidden spot and not many locals know about it…
This entire March we’re working with Visit Bern to show you even more of Bern! You’ll see this beautiful capital all over the place on our blogs and on social media… So there isn’t a better time to get inspired for a trip to Switzerland’s beautiful, suprising and exciting city :)
Want to write about Bern?
We always start out with 3 or 4 Spotters – but we’d love to add a few more authors now that we launched. Please apply at spottedbylocals.com/become-a-spotter/ if you’d love to share your passion for your city Bern!