We just returned from an amazing 4 day trip to Lisbon & Porto to meet our Spotters. We had the luxury of meeting our Spotters in 5 different meetings, as not everybody could meet at the same time!
Of course we checked out as many spots as we could in the very limited time we had. Our muscles are aching from the many Lisbon & Porto hills we took, but we’re pretty proud of the amount of spots we visited (80)!
Some of the many highlights (besides meeting our Spotters of course):
- Casa Independente – a super cool cultural society. Very welcoming, but without a sign on the door. You’ll only find it with our app :)
- Renovar a Mouraria – a very sympathetic neighborhood organization with many cultural initiatives. And an excellently priced glas of beer ow wine!
- Intendente – a super lively multi-cultural neighborhood we would probably have not come to know about if it weren’t for our Spotter Mariana.
- Mosca da Fruta – Excellent juices in a park with free running live chickens!
- Castro Beer – A super cool but also low key bar that’s just perfect
- Cantinho de Aziz – Very lively Mozambican restaurant with the best samosas we’ve had in a long time
Porto, wow! It was the first time we visited this city, but it was love at first sight. Some of our personal highlights out of the 40 spots we visited in 36 hours:
- Eating a Franceshina, THE Porto food. We had one at 2 very cool spots: Piolho & Poeta. And we can’t decide which was better…
- A late night view of Porto from the “other side” of the river. Sofia took us there – absolutely amazing to see this city by night!
- The world’s best Nata could very well be made at Nata in Porto…
- FAUP – super cool architecture at the architecture faculty of the University of Porto
- STOP – An old mall turned into a music walhalla. Spooky & cool!
We’re sad it was only 4 days, but we’ll be back for sure to discover more….