In 2013 we stayed in Montreal for 5 days – unfortunately this time we had only 36 hours to meet our Spotters and check out as many spots as possible using the Montreal Spotted by Locals app.
We were happy our accommodation sponsors Roomorama had booked a nice apartment in a central and happening area with lots of Spotted by Locals spots (read more here), to make the most of our time in Montreal!
Highlights of course were meeting our Spotters, in 3 separate meetings unfortunately (or fortunately – this way we could spend some more time with everybody!).
We have seen in real life again that our locals’ Montreal guide is a really good one – all the spots were very up to date and up to season, and we saw lots of very cool spots a “regular” tourist would never have seen.
A few of the spots we really loved:
- Fairmount Bagel – the best bagels in Canada’s bagel capital!
- Kahwa Café – We sat for an hour on the little bench in front of the cafe watching the people, with one of the most amazing pastries we’ve ever had: The “Kouig Amann” from just across the street…
- La Distributrice – This must be one of the world’s smallest fixed location coffee shops!
- Le Couteau – Amazing coffee!
- Tam-Tams – On Sunday the Tam-Tam players come out to play drums (and smoke lots of weed!)
- Fringe Festival – Free outdoor music is the best!
Thanks very much Montreal Spotters for making us and lots of other visitors of your great city experience your coolest spots. It was short, but lots of fun!
Next stop: Boston!