On our last trip to North America, we visited Toronto for 4 days. Unfortunately this time, we only had 36 hours to meet our Spotters and visit their spots.
We were very excited to return to Toronto to meet our Spotters after our last visit two years ago. Such a nice team of Toronto loving locals, and such a cool city…
We met our Spotters at Toronto’s renovated waterfront, where we witnessed the opening ceremony (soon on the Toronto blog, of course!). The weather was great, so we had a few drinks in the lovely Musical Gardens. Then Thomas took us to the 24th floor rooftop of his apartment building, where we witnessed the fantastic sunset. What a nice evening!
To get the most out of our 36 hours in Toronto, we took a 24 hour pass for Toronto’s bike sharing system. It’s really a great way to get around in this huge city!
Some of the other highlights of our trip:
- Beer at the very hidden dive bar Cold Tea (where we met our Spotters in 2013)
- Arepas at Arepas cafe – we have been talking about arepas since we visited this spot in 2013…
- Great street art everywhere
- Stumbling upon a free acoustic music festival “Great heart” in the park
- Coffee at Thomas’ cool “Thor Espresso Bar” (newly opened: Odin Cafe + Bar!)
It was a shame to leave again already… Next stop: Montréal!
NB: Our cool Toronto apartment in Cabbage town Toronto was sponsored by R0omorama (read more here).