The last 3 months we traveled to meet Spotters in 22 cities in Europe (2 months) and 11 cities in North America (1 month). Definitely one of the most fantastic trips we ever did!
We saved one of the best cities and experiences for the end… 4th of July in the capital of the United States! Unfortunately the 4th of July fireworks were a bit rainy, but we had fun watching all the dressed up locals celebrating everywhere in DC!
The real reason for our visit though: meeting our Spotters team again after 2 years! Unfortunately Aparna and Laetitia were out of town, but we were happy we could meet Andrew, Megan, Mirna & Ryan.
We visited many spots in the little time we had in DC (36 hours) with our Washington DC app, and had a great time. We love the fact that DC is so culturally diverse – there’s restaurants with food from any country you can think of!
Some of the spots we visited:
- Lots of shops on the trendy 14th street NW
- Dan’s Cafe – One of the most run-down cafes ever (we saw a rat!), but very cool!
- Donburi – Great Japanese comfort food
- Dukem – Excellent Ethiopian food (& music!)
- Dupont Circle Famers market
- The Coffee Bar – Great espresso in a quiet neighborhood close to the center
- Tryst – Where we had our goodbye Washington DC & USA lunch before our flight…
Our Spotters have done a great job leading us to the best local spots in this very busy 4th of July weekend in DC… Thanks so much for the great tips. We hope to be back soon!