The Wigmore Clinic is situated in a modest-yet-elegant turn-of-the-century building on the corners of Pushkin and Parpetsi streets.
The clinic itself is a branch of the prestigious London-based medical centre, opened in Armenia as part of an effort to uplift the country’s medical standards. The building, however, is of particular interest.
During Armenia’s brief stint as an independent republic between 1918 and 1920, the building had the distinction of serving as the country’s first-ever Ministry of Health.
The structure was carefully restored to its original exterior look thanks to the efforts of Anglo-Armenian doctors who understood its historical significance. It now serves a medical function once again.
The Wigmore clinic can be interesting to admire for architecture buffs, while its top-notch medical facilities can also be of service in case of emergencies (let’s hope not).